Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Although this is undoubtedly a difficult time for our students 和 many will feel they are missing out on the numerous benefits of school life, it can still be a time of productive 和 effective learning.
To this end, below you will find some information and resources for you 和 your child to maximise the potential of reading at home.
Why read? 10 reasons
- It makes you a better reader
- It exercises your brain, improving your memory
- It teaches you about the world you live in
- It exp和s your vocabulary
- It improves your writing skills
- It develops your analytical skills
- It increases concentration
- It develops empathy 和 imagination
- It decreases stress 和 relaxes you
对于 fiction, we have compiled a hgaed前50名 for KS3 and KS4 和 we would encourage students to read as much of this as possible for a really rich experience of literature.
If you fancy winning 和 receiving a surprise book to your door, our school bookshop is also starting a series of fortnightly creative, book-related competitions. See your class’s English Edmodo page for more information.
A reminder that all of our students are expected to 每天阅读，至少 20分钟
巨大的利益, even for older children.
If you are not already a member of your 当地的图书馆, now is a good time to join! 萨瑟克 和 刘易 libraries have lots of free online resources you can access, including e-books, 有声读物, newspapers, magazines 和 even music!